As discussed in our last meeting, we’re changing up volunteer hours starting this month. Rather than having shop hours and work days, you can now choose how you want to volunteer for HackPittsburgh this month. We’re also moving to a “30 points” system, rather than being sticklers for 3 hours worth of time. This means that unpleasant tasks like cleaning the bathroom can help you get your 30 points faster
Here’s how it works!
- Visit the Doodle Poll (link below) for this month’s volunteer hours, and pick something off the list that you would like to do
- If there’s something you’d like to do that’s not on the list, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
- Some things only need to be done occasionally. For example, don’t sweep the shop if someone did it the day before.
- Do the thing you picked!
- Add your name and the task that you completed to the Doodle Poll, and check off the day that you did it.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have at least 30 points!
You can find the Doodle Poll for October volunteer items here: http://doodle.com/8ditc7i7wu8sb8p7
If you have any questions about how the new system works, please drop an email to email@example.com. We’d also like to hear your feedback!